Harold Harvey (1874–1941) was a Newlyn School painter who painted scenes of working class Cornish fishermen, farmers, miners, and Cornish landscapes. Harvey lived in his birthplace of Penzance until 1911, during which time he studied at the Penzance School of Arts under Norman Garstin (1847-1926) and at the Académie Julian in Paris from 1894-1896.
Harvey married fellow Cornish artist Gertrude Bodinnar (1879-1966) in 1911, whom he first met when she was modelling for artists, and they settled at Maen Cottage in Newlyn. The couple were members of the burgeoning community of artists in Cornwall that included Lamorna Birch, Laura Knight, and Alfred Munnings. A member of the second generation of the Newlyn School, Harvey’s early work was influenced by Stanhope Forbes, R.A. (1857-1947), known as the ‘father of the Newlyn School’. Paintings by Harvey are held in the collections of Leeds Art Gallery, the Royal Cornwall Museum, and Penlee House Gallery & Museum.